These are the questions:
1. On May 3 2007, around 22:00, when you entered the apartment, what did you see? What did you do? Where did you look? What did you touch?
2. Did you search inside the bedroom wardrobe? (she replied that she wouldn’t answer)
3. (shown 2 photographs of her bedroom wardrobe) Can you describe its contents?
4. Why had the curtain behind the sofa in front of the side window (whose photo was shown to her) been tampered with? Did somebody go behind that sofa?
5. How long did your search of the apartment take after you detected your daughter Madeleine’s disappearance?
6. Why did you say from the start that Madeleine had been abducted?
7. Assuming Madeleine had been abducted, why did you leave the twins home alone to go to the ‘Tapas’ and raise the alarm? Because the supposed abductor could still be in the apartment.
8. Why didn’t you ask the twins, at that moment, what had happened to their sister or why didn’t you ask them later on?
9. When you raised the alarm at the ‘Tapas’ what exactly did you say and what were your exact words?
10. What happened after you raised the alarm in the ‘Tapas’?
11. Why did you go and warn your friends instead of shouting from the veranda?
12. Who contacted the authorities?
13. Who took place in the searches?
14. Did anyone outside of the group learn of Madeleine’s disappearance in those following minutes?
15. Did any neighbour offer you help after the disappearance?
16. What does 'we let her down' mean?
17. Did Jane tell you that night that she’d seen a man with a child?
18. How were the authorities contacted and which police force was alerted?
19. During the searches, with the police already there, where did you search for Maddie, how and in what way?
20. Why did the twins not wake up during that search or when they were taken upstairs?
21. Who did you phone after the occurrence?
22. Did you call Sky News?
23. Did you know the danger of calling the media, because it could influence the abductor?
24. Did you ask for a priest?
25. By what means did you divulge Madeleine’s features, by photographs or by any other means?
26. Is it true that during the searches you remained seated on Maddie’s bed without moving?
27. What was your behaviour that night?
28. Did you manage to sleep?
29. Before travelling to Portugal did you make any comment about a foreboding or a bad feeling?
30. What was Madeleine’s behaviour like?
31. Did Maddie suffer from any illness or take any medication?
32. What was Madeleine’s relationship like with her brother and sister?
33. What was Madeleine’s relationship like with her brother and sister, friends and school mates?
34. As for your professional life, in how many and which hospitals have you worked?
35. What is your medical specialty?
36. Have you ever done shift work in any emergency services or other services?
37. Did you work every day?
38. At a certain point you stopped working, why?
39. Are the twins difficult to get to sleep? Are they restless and does that cause you uneasiness?
40. Is it true that sometimes you despaired with your children’s behaviour and that left you feeling very uneasy?
41. Is it true that in England you even considered handing over Madeleine’s custody to a relative?
42. In England, did you medicate your children? What type of medication?
43. In the case files you were SHOWN CANINE forensic testing films, where you can see them marking due to detection of the scent of human corpse and blood traces, also human, and only human, as well as all the comments of the technician in charge of them. After watching and after the marking of the scent of corpse in your bedroom beside the wardrobe and behind the sofa, pushed up against the sofa wall, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
44. When the sniffer dog also marked human blood behind the sofa, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
45. When the sniffer dog marked the scent of corpse coming from the vehicle you hired a month after the disappearance, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
46. When human blood was marked in the boot of the vehicle, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
47. When confronted with the results of Maddie’s DNA, whose analysis was carried out in a British laboratory, collected from behind the sofa and the boot of the vehicle, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?
48. Did you have any responsibility or intervention in your daughter’s disappearance?
A QUESTION SHE DID ANSWER
Q. Are you aware that in not answering the questions you are jeopardising the investigation, which seeks to discover what happened to your daughter?
A. 'Yes, if that’s what the investigation thinks.'
Kate was advised to refuse to answer the 48 questions on the grounds she might incriminate herself
If you did nothing, how can you incriminate yourself?
She refused to even answer the simplest, most non incriminating questions.
Anyhow, she followed her lawyer's advice, answering only the 49th.
When asked if she knew that, by not answering the questions, she was hindering the search for her daughter, to which she replied:
'Yes, if that’s what the investigation thinks.'
.She followed the advice of her lawyers and didn't answer the questions.
On learning that kate was going to write a book about Maddie and the events in PDL, I suspect her lawyers then advised her not to write said book for the same reason, IE not incriminating herself.
Luckily for us she ignored them and wrote said book.
I would love to have seen and heard her lawyers' response on learning what she had done.
I suspect kate does what kate wants and she does not tolerate being told no.
Kate knows best.
Given that since the day Maddie died, likely before May 3rd (allegedly abducted according to the mccanns and chums) and the mccanns have repeatedly claimed that someone out there has the answer to the questions as to what happened to Maddie, someone knows something, someone has information they need to tell the police, why don't they see the incongruity of telling people to come forward if they have information whilst kate refused to answer 48 questions which could have helped find her missing daughter.
What innocent parent refuses to answer questions, no matter how personal or embarrassing?
If they have nothing to hide and were not involved in the death of their daughter, what could there be that was incriminating?
Why did gerry answer his questions and kate refused hers, especially given it would make her look guilty as heck?
Did kate think gerry would refuse to answer his questions?
Did they decide one would answer and one would not so their answers could not be compared?
If kate only learned later that gerry had answered his questions and she had expected him to refuse, why did she then not go back and answer all the questions she had previously refused to answer?
By kate not answering, it made her look as if she had something to hide.
It made her the focus of public scrutiny and a lot of questions relating to her refusal to cooperate in the search for her daughter.
Was this gerry's plan?
If all else fails throw kate under the bus.
What motive was given for kate writing the book?
Why was the book pretty much all about kate (who had her name in capitals whilst Maddie's was all lower case, indicating priority and importance) rather than Maddie, who she was, her character, her favorite things, her life, he relationships with her siblings and extended family?
If kate was advised not to write the book, especially given it could then be used in evidence against her, why dd she go ahead anyway?
Who suggested kate write a book?
I wonder what gerry's role was in relation to the book?
Did he say go for it realizing how much money was likely to come rolling in?
Did he suggest it?
Did he think that by kate writing it and having her name on the cover was a good marketing ploy?
Did he think that if things went bosoms up, kate would be in the firing line and he would be the innocent father?
Did he think if charges are filed and kate gets jailed, he can then write a book saying how he tried to protect his family from an unstable kate,explaining why kate had so much help with the children and she was never left alone with them for any length of time?
He was as mislead as the rest of us and didn't know Maddie had died at the hands of kate.
He believed kate when she said she was not involved and she had not sedated the children.
He lied to try and keep his family together whilst getting kate the medical help she needed.
How he is now the devastated father of a little girl and the now single father doing his best to raise the twins whilst holding down his job as a heart consultant.
Tugging the public heartstrings he will continue to be brave, a loving father to his surviving children, playing the role of victim to the hilt whilst slamming everyone else for failing his wife and Maddie.
How he sadly had to leave kate and divorce her, finding love with a new close friend etc.
You get my drift.
One eye on the money and one eye on getting some advisory role or even entering politics.
Writing the book was a dumb move for the mccanns, especially the comment on page 129 referring to Maddie's genitals.
How did that ever get past the editor given the claims of paedophilia that swirl around the mccanns and the tapas 7?
Given that the book was supposedly written for the twins to read when they were old enough, how would she explain such a tasteless choice of words?
Given how it would make the public feel about kate, how it would make even their supporters feel when they read of a supposedly bereft mother talking about visualizing her daughter's torn genitals?
As an side, why did they describe Maddie as almost perfect and yet kate described Maddie's genitals as perfect?
Even if they were to write an updated version of the book, the damage is already done.
Words written cannot be unwritten.
Even on the internet words written can be saved, cached.
Words seen cannot be unseen, especially when it appears to be a mea culpa.
"Sometimes people do things for reasons that even they cannot understand.""An act of madness, an accident or sudden impulse can lead to consequences that people may never have imagined or intended."
"Faced with such a situation we believe any human soul will ultimately suffer torment and feelings of guilt and fear."
Kate McCann confessing to her mother on the ‘phone, soon after Madeleine disappeared: ‘It was an accident, Mum, it was an accident’
From her book, page 242:
If, as the PJ alleged, Madeleine’s blood was in the boot of our car, which we had not rented until 27 May, how on earth had it got there?
Did this mean someone had planted it?
I could see no other explanation.
The police theory, it seemed, was that we had hidden Madeleine’s body, then moved it later, in the car, and buried it elsewhere.”
Daily Star (link now whooshed)
19 October 2007
Tormented Kate McCann told last night how she is visited in the night by the spirit of her missing daughter Madeleine.
The anguished GP says she is regularly woken up by visions of the four-year-old in her bedroom. Kate, 39, revealed the visions to her mum, Susan Healy, who was worried about her daughter’s lack of sleep
Susan had assumed Kate and husband Gerry were being kept awake by her two-year old twins, Sean and Amelie.
She was stunned when Kate revealed it was missing Madeleine who was haunting her.
Susan, said: "She told me she has difficulty sleeping and wakes during the night. I asked:
'Do the twins come and wake you up?'
"No, it's Madeleine. She comes in."
The police know the truth.
We the public know the truth.
You, kate and gerry, know the truth.
The tapas 7 know the truth.
Clarence,your PR spokesman, knows the truth.
The dodgy detectives you hired know the truth.
The twins know the truth.
Your families know, or, at least, suspect the truth
Your own words have betrayed you.
The time is now to come clean, admit the truth about what happened and where you dumped Maddie's remains.
Speak now, bring Maddie's remains home so she can be buried with dignity.
Admit the truth of your involvement, cooperate and the courts will be merciful.
Tell us what happened and we the public will be merciful.
Confess and then you can begin the process of grieving and healing.
End the charade and let Sean and Amelie grieve and start to live a normal life.
Come clean and get the help you need.
Do what is right by Maddie as well as Sean and Amelie.
Your words betray you
Your actions and lack of, betray you.
Your body language betrays you.